Main goals of the KUPS:
- assuring high quality of products by supporting DSK for juices and nectars;
- lobbying for justified interests of juice producers, in particular pro-development fiscal, customs, qualitative and pro-health solutions;
- conducting analyses and collecting and distribution of current information on the juice market;
- orienting development of the raw material base for juice production needs;
- organization of academic and technical symposia, seminars, trainings, conferences, exhibitions and other events with purpose to perform the KUPS tasks;
- representing juice producers in other organizations and associations;
- creating the advantageous image of Polish juice producers;
- promotion of national juice producers and sellers abroad;
- popularization of foreign publications on scientific and technical achievements regarding juice production;
- drafting opinions on preparation and training of the engineering and technical staff.
The detailed goal description can be found at the KUPS articles of association.
The greatest achievements of KUPS:
- significant improvement of quality of juices and nectars implemented on the Polish market;
- establishment of DSK providing the conditions for fair competition in the juice, nectar and drink industry;
- adjustment of the juice production conditions to the European Union requirements;
- publication in Polish of the ”AIJN code of practice”, i.e. the technical document used to assess juice and nectar genuineness;
- permanent cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development regarding legislative amendments within the juice sector;
- establishment of the Fruit and Vegetable Market Monitoring Team which regularly develops reports and lists of average prices and production levels for selected preserves;
- realization of projects co-funded by the European Union and the Fruit and Vegetable Promotion Fund;
- cooperation with multiple international and national organizations.